Saturday, May 3rd, 2014
10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Brown County State Park Nature Center
On Saturday, May 3rd, 2014, Brown County State Park will celebrate the 8th Annual Morel Mushroom Sale & Festival. It will be a busy day at the Nature Center with a variety of fun events! (Note: Schedule of events subject to change.)
- 10:00 am - Welcome and Kickoff at Morel Headquarters - Stop by the big white tent and
- Pick up an agenda for the day
- Kids! Enter the coloring contest
- Pick up rules for the LARGEST and smallest morel contest
- Visit the arts and crafts fair
- 11:00 am - Morchella esculenta, the morel mushroom, Interpretive Program
- 12:00 pm - Cooking Demonstration - Join our talented Abe Martin Lodge chefs under the big white tent for a lesson in “Morel Cuisine”. Be sure to pick up a free morel recipe sheet compiled by avid ‘shroomers’.
- 1:00 pm - Join “Jack Morel and the Spores” at the Nature Center Amphitheater, local rock band made up of some FUNguys. What's a festival without some foot-tappin Brown County Music?
- 1:00 pm - Morel Sale - In front of the Nature Center - The Friends of Brown County state Park will be selling morels, “just in case you don’t have much luck”. Proceeds will go toward Friends park projects. Special Notes: Supplies are limited!! Morels are wild grown and are not subject to regulatory inspection.
- 2:00 pm - Indiana Raptor Center Program at the Nature Center Amphitheater - Patti Reynolds and Laura Edmunds, expert raptor rehabilitators, will introduce you to live Indiana birds of prey. Find out what raptors and mushrooms have in common!
- 3:30 pm - Smallest and LARGEST Morel Contest and FUNgus Coloring contest winners announced